Prerequisite: The Somatic Practice of Pure Awareness Course
The Somatic Descent course is an opportunity to become fluent in the language of the Soma. Everyone who has completed Dharma Ocean’s Somatic Practice of Pure Awareness course is eligible to enroll.
Somatic Descent builds on what you have learned and practiced in the Pure Awareness course. Through weekly study, practice, and discussion, you will learn to remain rooted in the Soma’s way of knowing whether on or off the cushion. Participants will also deepen their capacity to apply the Soma’s wisdom to any aspect of life that they choose to explore – or that the Soma brings to your awareness — a minor annoyance, a workplace struggle, any aspect of your emotional life, a dream, a memory, a relationship, or your current meditation practice — nothing is off the table.
Callista Brown has been a student of Dr. Ray’s for 20 years, a meditation instructor for 19 years, and a tantrika for 15 years. Her Dharma Ocean teaching experience includes the Sutrayana courses and Somatic Descent. In Somatic Descent, she has found a doorway to an experiential understanding of the view of this lineage – inviting practitioners to enter this doorway brings her joy.
The course convenes on-line from 12 noon-1:30 PM Mountain Time on Tuesday of each week for 10 weeks, from October 4 to December 13.
- October 4 - December 13, 2022
- The first Live Gathering with Callista is scheduled for Tuesday, October 4th.
- The course website, with orientation information, will open on October 1st.
- Early Bird Price: $175.00 until September 12th.
Registration closes October 4th
25% discount for sustaining members. To receive the discount code, please email: [email protected]
If interested in becoming a sustaining member, please click here.
- If you have already taken the Somatic Descent course, you may take it again for $50.00 - To receive the discount code, please email: [email protected]
Scholarship Support: If you currently have financial hardship and find the cost of this program prohibitive, prior to registering, please email us at [email protected] for financial assistance information.
- If you have not already, you will need to purchase Reggie's book Somatic Descent: How to Unlock the Deepest Wisdom of the Body (Shambhala Publications. Note: you will receive a 30% off the book discount code on the course website home page after you register) and his audio program Somatic Descent: Experiencing the Ultimate Intelligence of the Body (Sounds True) as these resources will form the basis of our study together.
Before class begins, obtain your copies of the study materials:
Your weekly pre-meeting preparatory work will include:
- Readings from Dr. Ray’s text Somatic Descent. Expect to read 15–30 pages a week.
- Selected talks from Dr. Ray’s audio course Somatic Descent. Set aside 15 to 35 minutes a week of listening time.
- Guided meditation practices posted for free download at shambhala.com/somaticdescent Devote 40-50 minutes 3-4 times a week to Somatic Descent practice.
- Weekly hour-and-a-half gatherings
- Shrine room protocols
- A guided meditation practice
- A summary of the week’s study topics
- A Q and A session centered on participant questions
- Register for the course
- Purchase the course materials
- The course orientation will open on the website on October 1st.
- Review the Course Calendar and weekly assignments before the first live gathering
When you enter your name and email in the checkout section, the system will determine if you already have an online course account associated with the email. If so, you will receive a prompt to enter your password. If not, please create an account to complete the registration.
We use PayPal to process payments. You can choose to either check out with a PayPal account or as a guest without an account.
If your payment fails to process, please clear your browser history and cookie cache, close and reopen the browser, and process the payment.
If you have questions about the course or checkout process, please email us at [email protected]