The Somatic Practice of Bodhicitta:
Loving the Self
With Reggie Ray and Caroline Pfohl
Awaken Your Heart and Engage the Sacred Within
The Boundless Heart and Loving the Self online course guides students into the third yana — Love and Compassion — whereby we train in awakening our hearts.
In this course, we explore ultimate bodhicitta — the fundamental, eternal, infinite openness of the heart — and maitri, or loving-kindness, toward oneself. A somatic understanding of the ultimate and an ability to appreciate the sacredness of our own being are essential in order to love others and to be of benefit to the world.
Boundless Heart I is the third online course in the Dharma Ocean Foundation Series. It offers experiential training in the core somatic teachings and practices of this lineage. These Foundation Courses are designed to be incremental, with each course building on the practices of the previous ones. In order to get the most of out this program, participants are required to have taken the online courses Awakening the Body and The Somatic Practice of Pure Awareness, or to have gained experience of the practices taught in these courses by attending corresponding Dharma Ocean residential retreats.
The 10 week course includes:
- Weekly video teachings and audio guided meditations
- 5 Live Zoom gatherings with Caroline and course meditation instructors
- Practice resources and chants
- Study questions
- Curriculum audio downloads
- Bi-Weekly discussion groups
- Opportunities to meet with a Dharma Ocean meditation instructor
- Contemplative dyads
Live Zoom Gathering Schedule:
*Note All Times are MT / Denver Time
Time Zone Converter
Friday, October 14th @ 12:00 p.m. MDT
Friday, October 28th @ 12:00 p.m. MDT
Friday, November 11th @ 12:00 p.m. MST
Friday, December 2nd @ 12:00 p.m. MST
Friday, December 16th @ 3:00 p.m. MST
Participation in this course requires completion of the Somatic Practice of Pure Awareness online course. This prerequisite is also satisfied through participation in the Winter Meditation Intensive residential retreat, or another practice intensive focusing on the Somatic Practice of Pure Awareness.
- The course runs from October 4th to December 16th, 2022.
- Registration closes October 4th.
- The early bird price: $249 (ends September 15th).
- Regular price: $299.
- 25% discount for supporting members. For the checkout code, please email: [email protected]
- If you have previously participated in the Boundless Heart I course, you are warmly invited to attend this year's course at a discount. For details, please email: [email protected]
If you currently have financial hardship and find the cost of this program prohibitive, prior to registering, please email us at [email protected] for a financial assistance application.
When you enter your name and email in the checkout section, the system will determine if you already have an online course account associated with the email. If so, you will receive a prompt to enter your password. If not, please create an account to complete the registration.
We use PayPal to process payments. You can choose to either check out with a PayPal account or as a guest without an account.
If your payment fails to process, please clear your browser history and cookie cache, close and reopen the browser, and process the payment. If challenges persist, please email us at [email protected]