In the practice of sitting meditation, we are called to wake up to the actual life we are living and to discover the truth of who we really are beyond our habitual patterns and confusion. Through the practice of extended retreat and deep somatic work, we encounter joy, pain, neurosis and openness. In the process, we access a deep well of wisdom and compassion within our own experience that we can share with the suffering world.
Join us for a 10-day (9 hrs/day) in-home retreat experience, led by Norman Elizondo and Jake La Botz. Whether you are able to commit to 2 hours a day or up to 9 hours a day, participants are welcome to join in the program following their own inspiration and circumstances. This is an opportunity to learn how to create your own retreat container, stabilize and deepen in the Practice of Pure Awareness, and integrate the experiences and insights of your journey.
Dharma Ocean has recently offered many instructive and powerful online programs. Now we have an opportunity to go further, not by adding in more, but by stepping back and taking the time to simply be in the container of practice. In this online retreat there will be talks, meditation instruction, as well as time for discussion, but this will be primarily a chance to deepen our practice together online.
- December 10 - December 19, 2021
Two Daily Online Zoom Sessions over 10 days
- 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM MST
- 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- The program website, with orientation information, will open on December 3, 2021
- Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Registration closes December 6th
- Early Bird Pricing ends November 28, 2021
- Sustaining members receive a 10% discount. To receive the discount code, please email: [email protected]
- If interested in becoming a sustaining member, please click here.
- See below for checkout and scholarship information.
Norman has been an ardent student of meditation since 1994. He began his training and practice in the Theravada tradition. In 2001, he became a student of Reggie Ray and began training in the Tibetan Kagyu, Nyingma, and Shambhala traditions. A cofounder of Open Sky Wilderness Therapy, Norman has worked with struggling young people and their families since 1998. Norman offers the teachings in a way that invites students to explore their unique journey of meditation and to trust that experience.
After getting clean from heroin addiction and searching to understand his life purpose, Jake was fortunate to discover the dharma of Chögyam Trungpa. He began working with teacher Reggie Ray in 2003. Along the way, he participated in 12-Step programs, Jungian analysis, and trained in Aikido. Jake has taught meditation in prisons, and during Covid has been sharing the Dharma Ocean teachings online. Professionally, Jake is a songwriter and performer.
Two Daily Online Zoom Sessions
7:30 AM to 12:00 PM MST
1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- Two Zoom Sessions each day, led by Norman and Jake
- Guided Meditation Instruction and Discussions
- December 10: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- December 11: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- December 12: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- December 13: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- December 14: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- December 15: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- December 16: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- December 17: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- December 18: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
- December 19: 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM MST
The Practice of Pure Awareness, Dr. Reginald Ray
Perhaps the most precious teaching Tibet has to offer the modern world is the practice of meditation. Reginald Ray presents the essence of this tradition through the somatic practice of Pure Awareness—a unique kind of meditation that is thoroughly grounded in the body and in ordinary experience. This fundamentally transformative practice offers the possibility of enlightenment in this present life and invites us into the immensely powerful journey that Tibetan tantric spirituality has to offer.
If you currently have financial hardship and find the cost of this program prohibitive, prior to registering, please email us at [email protected] for financial assistance information.
When you enter your name and email in the checkout section, the system will determine if you already have an online course account associated with the email. If so, you will receive a prompt to enter your password. If not, please create an account to complete the registration.
We use PayPal to process payments. You can choose to check out either with a PayPal account or as a guest without an account.
If your payment fails to process, please clear your browser history and cookie cache, close and reopen the browser, and process the payment. If challenges persist, please email us at [email protected]